Startup Global presented by U.S. Commercial Service
Entrepreneurs, business, and government discuss the need for startups to develop international strategies and how to go global! Resources to help businesses expand internationally will be discussed.
1:30 PM - 2:00 PM: Coffee and registration
2:00 PM - 2:20 PM: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Carey Arun - US Commercial Service
- Deb Tillett - Emerging Technology Center (ETC)
- International Trade Adminstration
- Jake Colvin - Global Innovation Forum
- Mike Gill – Maryland Secretary of State
2:00 PM -3:00 PM: The opportunity: Local startups in the global marketplace
- Sanjay Kalasa – Adashi,
- Christina Caraballo – Audacious Inquiry
- David Tohn – BTS Software
- Moderated by Claire Pillsbury – GIF.
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Navigating international compliance and protecting IP
- Corinne Militello – Ballard Spahr LLP
- Alissa Starzak – Cloudflare
- Wesley Muller – Under Armour
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Finding help: Understanding how to access the resources to reach new markets
- Signe Pringle – Maryland Department of Commerce Office of International Investment and Trade
- Valerie Chua – Singapore Economic Development Board
- Matthew Stanton – Under Armor
- Moderated by Colleen Fisher – US Commercial Service.
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Happy Hour and Networking Reception
Networking Participants Include:
- Baltimore City Chamber of Commerce
- Baltimore Sisters State Committee
- Downtown Baltimore Partnership
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Maryland – DC District Export Council
- Maryland Department of Commerce
- Maryland Tech Council
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- University of Maryland, Smith School of Business, Center for Global Business
- US Commercial Service / US Export Assistance Center Baltimore
- And More!
Networking Reception Sponsored by: International Trade Administrion, Global Innovation Forum, Start Up Grind , US Commercial Service, ETC and Technical.ly.
About Startup Global:
The International Trade Administration (ITA) at the U.S. Department of Commerce launched Startup Global in February 2015 to provide focused assistance and information to early-stage companies by building partnerships in the United States unparalleled incubators and accelerators, which are key centers of gravity and trusted advisers in the startup ecosystem. Startup Global produces educational seminars in partnership with local incubators and accelerators to cover the most pressing issues startups face in the global business environment.