BIW18 Dev Conference presented by Technical.ly
Join us for an afternoon of content and engage with the local dev community during Baltimore Innovation Week 2018 at our Dev Conference! You'll have the chance to learn from real-world case studies and hear insight about how to get your career to the next level, whether that is through a career change, managing a team or enhancing your project management.
In regards to programming, expect to listen to a fireside chat from a local expert, a panel to take on the human side of being a dev (we know we are all humans) to the next level and a variety of case studies on topics to the likes of Machine Learning, Data science, Cyber Security and cloud computing.
- 1:00 PM | Registration & Networking
- 1:30 PM | Opening Remarks
- 1:45 PM | Case Studies
- Orchestrating Serverless Applications on AWS with Johnny Boursiquot, Principal Cloud Engineer at Achievement Network (ANet)
- Leveraging the Data as a next great natural resource to harden you cyber security with Boris Vishnevsky, Former Technical Director, Management Consulting at IBM
- 3:00 PM | Break
- 3:15 PM | Panel Discussion
- Ryan Carr, Director of Engineering, Enveil
- Delali Dzirasa, President, Fearless Solutions, LLC
- Sarah Jennings, Freelance Creative
- Angel Johnson, Director of Technology Delivery – Infrastructure PMO, Marriott International
- 4:05 PM | Keynote: James West, Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- 5:00 PM | Program Ends
Case Study Descriptions
Orchestrating Serverless Applications on AWS with Johnny Boursiquot, Principal Cloud Engineer at Achievement Network (ANet)
Soon after you decide to embrace serverless architectures you realize the need to coordinate all of the components of your distributed apps and services. In this talk we’ll stitch together a series of Lambda functions written in the Go programming language (golang) to build a serverless Slack command while demonstrating the deployment, logging, metric collection, and distributed tracing that help you effectively adopt the serverless way. You’ll not only pick up some Go, you’ll also see tools like AWS SAM CLI, API Gateway, CloudFormation, and Step Functions in action.
More details to come. In addition, following the Dev conference, join us at our Technical.ly Happy Hour to mingle with the local startup and tech community!
Do you want important information you need to know about your technology community, including news, events, companies, people, and job opportunities? Subscribe to our daily Technical.ly newsletter.