BIW18 Dev Conference presented by Technical.ly
Join us for an afternoon of content and engage with the local dev community during Baltimore Innovation Week 2018 at our Dev Conference! You'll have the chance to learn from real-world case studies and hear insight about how to get your career to the next level, whether that is through a career change, managing a team or enhancing your project management.
In regards to programming, expect to listen to a fireside chat from a local expert, a panel to take on the human side of being a dev (we know we are all humans) to the next level and a variety of case studies on topics to the likes of Machine Learning, Data science, Cyber Security and cloud computing.
- 1:00 PM | Registration & Networking
- 1:30 PM | Opening Remarks
- 1:45 PM | Case Studies
- Orchestrating Serverless Applications on AWS with Johnny Boursiquot, Principal Cloud Engineer at Achievement Network (ANet)
- How to leverage data as the next great natural resource to enhance your cyber security, reduce your organization risks and improve compliance. with Boris Vishnevsky, Principal, Technology Enablement Practice and Brandon Young, Consultant, Information Management & Analytics team at Slalom
- 3:00 PM | Break
- 3:15 PM | Panel Discussion
- Ryan Carr, Director of Engineering, Enveil
- Delali Dzirasa, President, Fearless Solutions, LLC
- Angel Johnson, Director of Technology Delivery – Infrastructure PMO, Marriott International
- Elena Hearty, ICX Media
- 4:05 PM | Keynote: James West, Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- 5:00 PM | Program Ends
Case Study Descriptions
Orchestrating Serverless Applications on AWS with Johnny Boursiquot, Principal Cloud Engineer at Achievement Network (ANet)
Soon after you decide to embrace serverless architectures you realize the need to coordinate all of the components of your distributed apps and services. In this talk we’ll stitch together a series of Lambda functions written in the Go programming language (golang) to build a serverless Slack command while demonstrating the deployment, logging, metric collection, and distributed tracing that help you effectively adopt the serverless way. You’ll not only pick up some Go, you’ll also see tools like AWS SAM CLI, API Gateway, CloudFormation, and Step Functions in action.
How to leverage data as the next great natural resource to enhance your cyber security, reduce your organization risks and improve compliance. with Boris Vishnevsky, Principal, Technology Enablement Practice and Brandon Young, Consultant, Information Management & Analytics team at Slalom
Your company already realizes the importance of data and continues to invest in finding new ways to unlock the value of data. The 5V’s of data: Value, Volume, Velocity, Variety and Volume are now accelerated by ever expanding new capabilities available from cloud vendors. In this presentation we will discuss the virtuous cycle between data and cyber security. We will define and focus on specific use cases that will help you protect your data, reduce risks and unintended consequences, strengthen your cyber security by leveraging data and advanced analytics.
More details to come. In addition, following the Dev conference, join us at our Technical.ly Happy Hour to mingle with the local startup and tech community!
Do you want important information you need to know about your technology community, including news, events, companies, people, and job opportunities? Subscribe to our daily Technical.ly newsletter.